College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

SEC (network) SEC (network) SEC (network)

PittBuckeye's picture
August 14, 2014 at 6:56pm
27 Comments

Just a reminder to everyone that the SEC network is now live, and every time you turn it on an angel loses its wings. Or God kills a kitten. Or something else that you find bad and or evil happens. 

Friends don't let friends watch that crap.

FROMTHE18's picture

agreed. Do not give that thing ratings. Do yourself and the free world a favor. 

KBonay's picture

I hear all the commercials are for tank tops & pick-up trucks....

+1 HS
1stYrBuckIClub's picture

That's not true... I just saw a commercial on there for 'Meth... because you know you aren't going to pay child support with that money.' So they do have other commercials.

Scarlet_Lutefisk's picture

That's just the official promo welcoming Missouri.

PittBuckeye's picture

If you hear that then you know someone who's been watching, stop them. For the kids.

PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

Not sure how SEC Network is any different than ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU

Go Bucks!

+2 HS
Sims_tOSU's picture

I am thinking the same thing but not sarcastically. It's a joke that ESPN is a part of SEC network since they are the same ones who hype the SEC every single year.

+1 HS
My buck's picture

"Well ya know football's a religion down there."  BARF!!!!

Ahh Saturday's picture

It's no joke; it's their business strategy. For those who claim that ESPN is biased well, they are. They're as biased toward the SEC as GM is toward Chevy. Their "product" is college football coverage, and they are hawking the SEC as the top of the line. For those who think ESPN is not biased, grow up.

+1 HS
PasadenaBuckeye626's picture

I'm not joking either.  Just used italics to play it safe

Go Bucks!

jamesrbrown322's picture

Now what will Kirk talk about all the time?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

jamesrbrown322's picture

Well, their new and improved version of Pimp my Ride is pretty good...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

+1 HS
kevdale86's picture

What really sucks for me is that my cable company won't carry the Big Ten Network, but I have the crappy SEC Network now. I think I'll just lock that channel so I don't accidentally watch it.

PittBuckeye's picture

This is what I was hoping to hear, you wouldn't want to be channel surfing, and accidentally end up costing an angel their wings.

IBLEEDSCARLETANDGRAY's picture

They should have just called it ESPN 4.

"Sherman ran an option play right through the south" - Greatest Civil War analogy EVER.

+3 HS
Buckataltitude's picture

Why not ESPN The Ocho?

TheBadOwl's picture
  1. ESPN
  2. ESPN2
  3. ESPN News
  4. ESPN Classic
  5. Longhorn Network
  6. ESPN3 (online)
  7. ESPN Deportes
  8. SEC Network

SEC Network = The Ocho.

On a side-note, I don't really care enough about SEC Network to be upset. I have BTN. SEC Network is the same thing, just owned by ESPN. 

When I walked in this morning and saw the flag was at half mast I thought, "Alright, another bureaucrat ate it." but then I saw it was Li'l Sebastian. Half mast is too high. Show some damn respect.

-1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Funny because out of curiosity I wanted to see where they put the channel on my line up and I cant see  it anywhere. I have Time Warner here in Hamilton(Cincy) Ohio. I have most of the sports packages and such and was wondering if they gave it a favorable channel position. Oh well I would feel great if your average Joe Smoe had to pay extra and request it because I know that will be less uneducated sports fans I will have to argue with in the local bars and sports watering holes that are being brainwashed by propaganda.

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

PittBuckeye's picture

I'd imagine it would come with all the other ESPN's. if you get ESPN U, you have to get that crap too.

Buckeyevstheworld's picture

So basically it's College Football Live 24/7.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+1 HS
DannyBeane's picture

So I hear Jorts sales are through the roof!

+1 HS
BigMoosie's picture

More SEC Network original programming.

buckeyebfd's picture

Hey,  y'all hear about that Darwin fella?

airbuckeye's picture

I have DirecTV and it is right between 209-2 and 212 and 209-2 is ESPINa what ever the hell that is.