College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports discussion.

Root for Iowa tonight

TMac's picture
March 19, 2014 at 2:17pm
11 Comments
TMac's picture

Then I have them beating UMass on Friday!!

Coach McCaffery is supposed to be in Dayton by 5, so he'll be on the bench tonight. 

+3 HS
kareemabduljacobb's picture

I'm rooting for his son, but not his team.  Living in Iowa, I hate them about as much as I hate tsun. 

+2 HS
shaggybuckeye's picture

As a Dubuque resident I second this.

+1 HS
Unky Buck's picture
+2 HS
tennbuckeye19's picture

I feel bad about everything with his son and hope he is okay. But I'm not a McCaffrey fan and that dates back to his Siena team taking out OSU in the 2009 NCAA tourney and has continued as he's been Iowa's coach. 

However, I do enjoy anything that brings Tennessee misery, so naturally I will be supporting Iowa tonight. The combination of Auburn hiring Bruce Pearl and UT losing a play-in game to Iowa would be absolutely beautiful.

Seattle Linga's picture

I have no problem rooting for him tonight  and tonight only - game will be starting soon.

southbay's picture

I don't much like Iowa, but if they're playing Tennessee they get my support.  It's a no brainer.

8-0 Iowa to start.

Seattle Linga's picture

Didn't M.S. hit a game winner against Tenny ?? I think we were down most of the game before the big time shot.

southbay's picture

Who is M.S.?

thanks

Seattle Linga's picture

Matt Sylvester - here is a clip from the BTN on Matt called "I hit it to win it" with his winner against undefeated Illinois in Matta's first year I believe. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIFeiey3AR8