College Sports Forum

College Sports Forum

College sports fan talk.

Is Clowney overrated or is he worth a potential first overall pick in the draft

0 HS
BAR43's picture
February 24, 2014 at 10:47am
44 Comments

Let me preface this by saying I am biased against Clowney from the get go due to his lack of effort, work ethic, and overall mentality. But my question remains, if Clowney a subject offorcing feed from espin or is as good as advertised, yet not seen since his soph year?

Personally I think I am just able to see past the BS advertising that espin and many other are trying to force on everyday college football viewer. He had a fantastic soph year, but left much to de desired in his final college season. There is no doubt he is a phenom of a specimen with great ability. However, his lack of technique, work ethic, and consistent effort on th field paint a better picture of potential bust than all-time great.

The DE position is one of, if not the toughest, to excel at in the NFL with limited maturity. This can be seen in buckeyee past players: Gholston and Gibbons, whom both left early after one solid/great season and busted in the NFL. The position requires consistent effort and success and most importantly a chip on your should with drive (both of which Clowney lacks).

As mentioned I think he will fall through the cracks once he lines up against great talent, but only time will tell. All I can say is, give me Joey Bosa all day long over Clowney no contest.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments