Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Tailgating at the Shoe

+1 HS
2Hot2Handle's picture
September 12, 2023 at 1:32pm
25 Comments

Hello All,

I just moved to Cbus from out of state and want to host some family and friends for a tailgate party at the Shoe. Per Google, it looks like there are some day-of parking lots where I can tailgate. Based off this map 2023 Football Day of Game Parking - Ohio State (ohiostatebuckeyes.com) is looks like the Ag Building parking lot or Fawcett Center parking lot (in red on the map) lot might be the best option. Was thinking of bringing 2 cars, setting up some food, canopy, beer, etc. A couple questions:

1. Does anyone recommend a certain parking lot for someone without a pass (aka will be buying the spot day-of). Is there any way to buy ahead of time so I dont invite a bunch of people and then am unable to get a spot for whatever reason?

2. Was thinking of doing this for Penn State game. I am guessing I would need to be there to reserve a spot early (5-6 a.m.)? Is there a certain time that the parking lot opens? Do you just show up at the lot and someone will be there to take your money?

3. Are we allowed to drink (everyone will be over 21 and will have a sober driver)? wasnt sure if we were allowed since its on campus.

Anything else you can recommend to make it a great tailgate? I am inviting friends from out of town so want to give them a great game-day experience.

Thanks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments