Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

'Tis the Season...Favorite Christmas Albums!

+3 HS
readnguy's picture
December 11, 2020 at 9:10am
26 Comments

Over the years, I have accumulated several Christmas albums/CDs from artists ranging from Alabama and Bing to Frank Sinatra and Willie. But I have two that stand out as my favorites:
First is "Christmas with The Beach Boys" which is a 2004 Capitol Records release composing of 25 tracks compiled and re-mixed from their previous Christmas albums. Amazing Beach Boys original tunes teamed with some classics that have received the "Beach Boy" touch! You gotta check it out!
Second would be "A Christmas Gift for You From Phil Spector" which features The Crystals, Darlene Love, Bob B. Sox and the Blue Jeans, and of course, Ronnie Spector and the Ronettes. Most of these 12 tunes are heard repeatedly on the radio during this time of year because they were produced and recorded by Phil Spector and his infamous "Wall of Sound" musicians and are incredible! As a side note, Brian Wilson has named this album as his all-time favorite ever! Not his favorite CHRISTMAS album; his favorite album; period!

What are your favorites?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments