Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Roku/Sling/Chromecast

0 HS
cinserious's picture
August 22, 2015 at 11:01pm
30 Comments

I just moved and started up (unfortunately) with TWC again. My last place only 4 blocks away was covered by WOW, which was cheaper and much less hassle so now I'm stuck back again with these assholes who have a captive market in my new apt complex. Needless to say, those pricks aren't in a hurry to negotiate any deals with me as I really don't have any other choice. 

Anyway I'm on a budget and my $50 plan gets me 15MB internet and a whopping 20 crap-ass channels. I have a PS4 and was wondering if I could cut the rip-off cable and stick with the cheapest internet plan they got and buy a Roku stick for 50 bucks or Chromecast and get my cable channels streamed live using Sling for $20/mo. 

I'm just trying to get a low budget cost with access to my Buckeye games on Saturdays. I figure after the initial investment of $50 for the Roku stick, I can get a $20 internet plan from TWC, the bastards, and pay $20 for Sling, which puts me at $40/mo. That's cheaper than the $50 I'm paying now and gets me WAY more channels, like ESPN, etc. I doubt BTN comes with it though. I'm not sure if the lowest internet plan works for streaming live TV though, I don't know how many MBs it would take for that. Not only that but Time Warner, the mutherfuckas, probably have a $35 bargain basement plan with like 5MBs.

Any thoughts, experiences, suggestions on this topic? Football season is coming up real soon so I gotta get it figured out! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments