Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Archie Griffin Commencement Speaker

0 HS
npeterson5's picture
April 21, 2015 at 8:07am
44 Comments

As a current student at OSU, I, along with many other students, feel as though the choice of Archie Griffin as commencement speaker is a disappointment to those graduating this year. Obviously I wasn't around to appreciate Archie in his prime as a player and couldn't begin to understand the figure he was on campus back in the day, but it still seems like the University settled for a speaker. This becomes more apparent when looking at the list of commencement speakers from other schools around there nation

I've seen Archie speak 7 or 8 times already in my time at OSU at various campus events, all of which were variations of the same speech where he reminisces of things Woody Hayes said and talks about the importance of paying it forward. While these are both good messages, it's something we've all heard before. 

I may just be spoiled that I've gotten to hear Archie speak on so many occasions, but I also feel bad that one class gets the President of the United States and two years later they get someone in-house. Opinions? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments