Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. Remember: no politics, religion, or hot-button social issues.

Which would mean more to Cleveland fans...

0 HS
luckynutz's picture
August 14, 2014 at 5:42pm
28 Comments

A Browns Super Bowl win or a Cavs NBA title. Was listening to a snippet of Jemele Hill and Michael W. Smiths His and Hers podcast and they brought up a comment by Joe Haden. Basically stating that hes glad Lebron came home, but that the Browns will be the first to win a title for the city of Cleveland.

So which do you think would mean more? Me personally, Id prefer it to be the Browns. Im also a die hard Browns fan. And a casual fan of the Cavs. I get that Lebron is the Chosen One to restore glory to a battered and beaten municipality. Hes the home grown star. The one whos connection to Northeast Ohio is the reason he came home. It would be huge for the city and for him. I get that. But here is why I believe the Browns would be bigger.

The Browns winning a Super Bowl would be monumental. For a team that was highly dominant in the days before the merger, they have been denied ever since. So close a couple times only to have it ripped away in the most excruciating fashion. Then to have our team uprooted and moved to another city? And to watch that team win a Super Bowl shortly after? Thats the ultimate kick in the crotch from the football Gods. Granted, the NFL righted the wrong done to us by That Man whose name I shant ever utter again. But the reincarnation has been filled with misery. Ive lost count of the nunber of Qbs that have lost their careers to this city. Hell...we started a guy named Spergon Wynn for cryin out lout. What the hell is a Spergon Wynn exactly? So many top picks, so many busts. Ao many retread free agents past their primes. So many coaches. And GMs. We have even switched owners. And still the same.

Theres a different feel to this team now. They went out and acquired physical and vocal leaders. They have stared to be able to pull free agents. And to resign our top talent. Theyve made shrewd moves and found a coach I believe has the right mindset for the job. He wants a physical, blue collar, no frills approach to doing business. I like it. And just like Lebron, there is a couple guys with Cleveland roots ready to lead this team to the Promised Land. Whitner and Hoyer...two of Clevelands own. For them to be able to lead the charge would be as big to me as Lebron doing it for the Cavs. Never before have a felt this good about a Browns team going into a season. Im saying the winds of change are blowing in from the lake...and its a beautiful time to be a Cleveland fan.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments