Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Michigan make a wish

Killer nuts's picture
July 22, 2014 at 11:39pm
8 Comments

I'm a big fan of the make a wish foundation and recently a high schooler battling leukemia had his wish granted to be a michigan recruit for a day. Pretty cool look into the enemy and a classy move by that program.

here's an article about it, if anyone comes across the video please share in the comments:

http://www.freep.com/article/20140624/SPORTS06/306240175/michigan-wolver...

BassDropper's picture

I actually think it was a classless move by Hoke. He was showing the kid around campus trying to sell him on coming to Michigan, but he knew it wasn't a legit possibility. The kid was totally buying in, even leading team chants. Im sure the heartbreak the next day, when he realizes that was a one day fantasy, was devastating. The least Hoke could have done was give him a free ride with a medical waiver, so he could at least be on the team. 

DIRECTIONER

-5 HS
DefenceWinsChampionships's picture

I am praying that you are not serious with this post. Watching the video, I saw an incredible story about a kid getting to live his dream. He's not an idiot, he realizes its not a real recruiting trip. Its just an incredible thing that the team did for a guy who has gone through hell and survived it. I cant believe that even you, a guy who really knows how to troll hard, can truly believe the way you just twisted that story. I usually respect you Bass, but this one is a little messed up.

+10 HS
sivaDavis's picture

Good move by TTUN. I usually hate anything associated with them but this was something I could get behind and cheer on. Kudos to them, classy.

Also a little sidenote. If you guys don't understand BassDropper by now, then you're to blame. If you actually pay attention, you'll catch that he actually is pretty passionate about the Buckeyes and has a lot, and I mean a lot, of quality posts on here. Yes he does troll, but that's what we love. I actually laughed. Watching the Make a Wish video and then reading Bass' comment. It is all in good fun. I actually thought it was blantantly obvious that he was joking but that's just me.

Classy move by Jabba. And as for you BD... You can come out from under your bridge, these bad men are done yelling at you.

"I've had smarter people around me all my life, but I haven't run into one yet that can outwork me. And if they can't outwork you, then smarts aren't going to do them much good." - Woody Hayes

+4 HS
Killer nuts's picture

I've said it many times on here, Bassdropper is a misunderstood artist

+5 HS
IH8UOFM's picture

With as much disdain as I have for that university, some things transcend rivalries and sports. This is definitely one of them.

+3 HS
apack614's picture

Wow that was awesome it's those kind of things that make you happy while you're at work. I mean this in no disrespectful way at all!!!!! But does ESPN pay the University to do this?

"If we worked half as hard as our band, we'd be champions." - Woody Hayes

+1 HS