Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Gotta give a speech tomorrow

thirtytrap's picture
July 16, 2014 at 6:46pm
19 Comments

Tomorrow I have to give a speech to the parents of the football team about how sports influenced me......Wish me luck please.  :-)

Tater_Schroeder's picture
Good Luck

How Firm Thy Friendship

+10 HS
teddyballgame's picture

try not to say "um and uh" 1000 times

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

Find a few people in the crowd to make eye contact with. Always helps. 

+1 HS
Chief B1G Dump's picture

If you're talking about THE football team then tell Stacy Elliot that Chief B1g Dumps says what up. 

+1 HS
Knarcisi's picture

And that you have a new video that you'd like to share. 

+3 HS
Habu71's picture

Nobody knows you better than you. Speak from your knowledge, your experiences, and from your heart. I'm sure you'll do well. 

Know also that your 11W fam is rooting for you, be sure to let us know how it goes so that we can make fun of you. I mean so that we can celebrate your accomplishment with you. 

cajunbuckeye's picture

If you hit a rough spot, mumble something, and drop the mic.

An angry fan...rooting for an angry team...led by angry coaches

+1 HS
Dweinz's picture

good luck!  here's a little bit of advice, just do the exact opposite of what this guy did and you should be great 

+2 HS
Rob Reese's picture

That's not just bad, that's a colossal meltdown of epic proportions. 

+1 HS
OSU069's picture

That guy had a complete meltdown. That was hilarious! 

+1 HS
Fly Patterns's picture

I wish I had a Matt Foley clip.

+1 HS
jeremytwoface's picture

Come on, man....

The first man gets the Oyster, the second man gets the shell.

+4 HS
sox33osu's picture

Come on...break a leg! Get it? Cuz his leg is broken...

+1 HS
Groveport Heisman's picture

Best advice I can give you and this  helped me mellow out and get through my fear of public speaking and graduate from Muskingum with a 4.0. Yank a couple out before taking the big stage. Maybe at the house before leaving. It helps, best believe.;)

Mark my words..I don't need acceptance. I'm catching interceptions on you innocent pedestrians.

Fly Patterns's picture

I thought the Sam speech was pretty good tonight. Maybe watch that.

whiskeyjuice's picture

If there is a podium, pound on it with your fists multiple times throughout the speech and raise your voice as seen below.......

"You'll find out that nothing that comes easy is worth a dime. As a matter of fact, I never saw a football player make a tackle with a smile on his face." -- Wayne Woodrow Hayes