Anything Else Forum

Anything Else Forum

Offtopicland. This still isn't the place to discuss politics, religion, or hot-button social issues, however.

Twenty years?

Hovenaut's picture
June 17, 2014 at 4:23pm
10 Comments

Hard to believe.

I was just out of the military, staying with some friends in Virginia for the summer before coming back to Pennsylvania to start undergrad school.

Took a third shift job running a forklift in a warehouse to stay busy (and out of trouble), woke up one evening to find this all over the tv:

When I think of Ford Broncos, I think of this...

35 mph chases narrated by Dan Rather, seems like it was yesterday. I was glued to the tv, remember even pondering calling out of my shift and grabbing some brew to see how this would end.

I can't imagine how this would play out today, social media and all.

Any fond memories of this night? I recall the WWL doing a 30 for 30 on this, the World Cup was going on, the U.S. Open, NBA Finals - they all took a back seat (sorry) to O.J. that night.

tennbuckeye19's picture

Yeah, from the murder, to the Bronco chase, to the trial that followed; none of it seemed real.

But I have to say I did enjoy the John Elway "Slow White Bronco" jokes that ensued.

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+4 HS
osu07asu10's picture

I can't imagine how this would play out today, social media and all.

Oh I think they'd of gunned OJ down about 6 minutes into the chase...

"They don't know what they don't know." - Coach Mick

+1 HS
buckguyfan1's picture

There are some real "Bad Machines" out there.  Thank goodness there is more Good to compensate for the Evil in Man. 

+1 HS
Page Turner's picture

Was wnroute to Madison for my son's first elite soccer tournament.  Called the campground to let them know we were a bit behind schedule and was told not to worry, they were watching the "chase".

Whatever happened to Cato?

If you can't be a Buckeye, it's good to know one - Carpe Diem

+1 HS
sharks's picture

I had (and still have somewhere) a 'Save the Juice' tee with  the darkened mugshot on it.  

The postgame show is brought to you by... Christ, I can't find it. The hell with it...

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

Not what you're looking for but very creative.

+3 HS
Buckeyevstheworld's picture

NBA Finals

This still annoys me. The only game I got to enjoy was Game 7.

"YOLO" = I'm about to do something extremely ignorant/stupid & I need an excuse to do it.

+2 HS
BuckeyeChief's picture

Diehard Knicks fan here, and I agree.

"Clutch has no boundaries"

+1 HS
Seattle Linga's picture

My wife and OJ share the same birthday.

+1 HS