Ohio State's Shot Chart Against Wichita State
As the shot chart above reflects, the first half hole was just too large for Ohio State to climb out of in its 70-66 loss to 9-seed Wichita State.
The Buckeyes shot an abysmal 24.2 percent from the field in the first half, including 2-10 from three point land. In the second half, Ohio State was able to work the ball inside more effectively, but the woes from downtown continued as OSU shot 3-15 on three pointers in the final 20, missing when they could least afford to miss.
For the game, the Buckeyes shot 31.1 percent from the field, the team's second-lowest percentage in any game this season. Wichita State managed nine shot blocks, their second-best performance of the season and forced Ohio State into 7-for-35 shooting outside the paint on the night.
Ohio State's five worst shooting games of the 2012-13 season:
- 20-65 (30.8%) vs Kansas on 12/22/12; L 66-74
- 19-61 (31.1%) vs Wichita State on 3/30/13; L 66-70
- 20-60 (33.3%) at Illinois on 1/5/13; L 55-74
- 23-68 (33.8%) at Duke on 11/28/12; L 68-73
- 21-56 (37.5%) at Wisconsin on 2/17/13; L 49-71