As the shot chart above reflects, the first half hole was just too large for Ohio State to climb out of in its 70-66 loss to 9-seed Wichita State.
The Buckeyes shot an abysmal 24.2 percent from the field in the first half, including 2-10 from three point land. In the second half, Ohio State was able to work the ball inside more effectively, but the woes from downtown continued as OSU shot 3-15 on three pointers in the final 20, missing when they could least afford to miss.
For the game, the Buckeyes shot 31.1 percent from the field, the team's second-lowest percentage in any game this season. Wichita State managed nine shot blocks, their second-best performance of the season and forced Ohio State into 7-for-35 shooting outside the paint on the night.
Ohio State's five worst shooting games of the 2012-13 season:
- 20-65 (30.8%) vs Kansas on 12/22/12; L 66-74
- 19-61 (31.1%) vs Wichita State on 3/30/13; L 66-70
- 20-60 (33.3%) at Illinois on 1/5/13; L 55-74
- 23-68 (33.8%) at Duke on 11/28/12; L 68-73
- 21-56 (37.5%) at Wisconsin on 2/17/13; L 49-71