In this week's game notes, Ohio State makes the first formal announcement of alternate uniforms to be worn during the Michigan game this weekend, pretty much confirming what was leaked via the team's official store last week:
Ohio State will be outﬁtted for the game in special Nike uniforms. This year’s model hints back to the uniform style worn by the Buckeyes starting in the 1967 season but that are typically referenced as the uniforms worn by the 1968 national champion Ohio State squad. This year’s uniform look includes:
- Scarlet jerseys with large gray numbers on front and back of the jersey and most noticeably on the shoulder pads;
- Gray pants with wider piping down the sides;
- Black stripe around the jersey sleeves;
- Seven Buckeye leaves along the back collar and a Block “O” on the front collar; and
- Wider scarlet, white and black stripe on a dull chrome helmet.