Site Stuff Forum

Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

OT: It's My Last Day At Eleven Warriors – Thank You

+17 HS
Colin Hass-Hill's picture
August 15, 2021 at 9:12pm
51 Comments

This was me and Kevin Harrish three and a half year ago.

me and kevin

The day was May 6, 2018. Neither of us had a clue what we were going to do. I had a post-grad internship lined up cover summer college baseball for a newspaper on the Cape, and he was figuring things out. We hung out next to each other (shoutout to our Ha- last names for the seating arrangement) and spent the entire ceremony reminiscing on our college times and chuckling about the fact that we had no plans.

Shortly thereafter, Kevin’s internship at Eleven Warriors turned into a full-time position. And a few months later, I landed a job alongside him. Funny how life happens.

Colin. Please. Stop typing and get to the point.

OK, OK. Good point.

Long story short: Today’s officially my last day working for Eleven Warriors. I accepted a job in Los Angeles and am moving on. The cross-country trek begins this week.

These three years have been a lot of things – fun, rewarding, stressful, etc. But damnit, they’ve never, ever been boring. My first day on the job was the day when Urban Meyer had his first press conference in 2018 after the suspension, and my last day is when the highest-rated recruit to ever pick Ohio State officially joins the team. Things never stop happening in the Buckeye universe.

So…

Thank you. Yes, you. Thanks to all of you. To everybody who’s reading this right now. To everybody who has no clue to I am but who clicked on a link and read something I wrote. To everybody who agreed with something I wrote. To everybody who disagreed with something I wrote. To everybody who cared enough to comment on something I wrote. To all of you. I made sure to never take any readers/listeners for granted and always appreciated the interactions and feedback. Hard to imagine anywhere in the country you’ll find a fan base this passionate.

A couple others I want to mention by name: Thanks to Jason for taking a chance on me as a fresh-out-of-college reporter. I’m so lucky to have gotten that opportunity. Thanks for Dan for being a rock-solid beat reporting partner for the entirety of my time here at Eleven Warriors. You all probably get a good idea of it, but once you’re truly in the machine, you're consistently in awe of the unreal effort he puts into this thing. Thanks to Kevin for being Kevin. There’s nobody like him, and he’s been a joy to work with. Thanks to the recruiting folks who I’ve been side-by-side with – Derrick, Taylor, Zack and now Garrick. All great guys I’ve been thrilled to work with. Thanks to all the other Eleven Warriors writers and contributors – Chris, Andy, Jones, Johnny, Matt, Andrew, Ramzy, George, the Davids and the many others I’ve crossed paths with through the years. All legitimately awesome dudes.

It's my time to go, but I'll cherish these three years here. ’Til next time...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 51 Comments