Site Stuff Forum

Let's get meta.

How many lurkers are there on 11W???

0 HS
aznchipmunk's picture
October 28, 2015 at 12:13pm
230 Comments

Dear 11w Community,

Something has been on my mind for a while, and a bye week is the perfect time to bring it up.  I have always wondered this, and it trumps the meaning of life question: How many lurkers we have on this site?

A lurker is someone that follows the forum but doesn’t post.

I have been reading 11w since the earlier days pre-Urban Meyer and never thought to to make an account for myself.  When I finally did make an account in 2011, I didn't feel necessary to comment or post on a regular basis until several years later.  I am sure there are many account holders who rarely--if even at all--comment, but UV.

Sure, the 11w staff can tell us through the online analytics the breakdown, but before they give us the final answer, does anyone want to take a stab at the numbers?  Like any other popular public forum or online community, you are bound to have repeated readers.  However, I am especially interested in this, given the fact that 11w is one of the most trafficked sites on the internets and knowing that Buckeye Nation is strong in numbers globally.

I even have friends who have confronted me because they (lurkers) read comments and figured out my 'anonymous' identity just from my commenting style and content alone. (I see you Joe, James, Brad, Jay...)

My ask is that if you are a lurker, make an account and comment and UV-on!

Thank you to the 11W staff and community (lurkers included) for this fun, safe place where we can vent, talk politics, troll, and most importantly celebrate Buckeye victories.  It truly is a fun, safe place for Buckeye Nation from different walks of life all over the world.

Go Buckeyes!

p.s. I posted my favorite Urban Dictionary Lurker definition below for lulz.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 230 Comments