Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Bengals vs Titans - Divisional Playoff Game

+15 HS
JoeBauserman'sNumber1Fan's picture
January 17, 2022 at 11:35am
91 Comments

The curse has been lifted - onto Nashville. 

I'd take this matchup over playing @ Buffalo or @ KC but man, the injuries on the front four piled up against the Raiders. 

Trey Hendrickson - Questionable in concussion protocol

Larry Ogunjobi - Questionable w/ a foot injury

Mike Daniels - Questionable w/ a groin injury (appears unlikely to play)

Josh Tupou - Questionable w/ a MCL injury suffered in week 18

Three DT's possibly not playing + clearly the best edge rusher on the team. Pair that w/ the Titans planning to activate Derrick Henry for this game. Poor timing. The Bengals do still have Tyler Shelvin but he hasn't played hardly at all. I'm assuming the Bengals sign someone this week but options are limited (Geno Atkins?). 

Regardless, this season has exceeded expectations by a mile. I'd love for the Bengals to win but anything past what has already occurred is gravy. 

Unless the Bengals get some of those defensive lineman back, their offense has to play phenomenal which won't be easy against that Titans defense. They're 6th in PPG allowed & 2nd in rush YPG allowed. With the Bengals' offensive line - I don't see how they get Mixon going. Which, unfortunately, likely puts Burrow in many long yardage situations. The offensive line did a serviceable job against the Raiders in pass protection & that'll be needed come 4:30 this Saturday. The Titans are 10th in sacks & employ many simulated pressures in Vrabel's scheme. 

To me, Tennessee shortens the game w/ a lot of Derrick Henry then play action to AJ Brown in the intermediate area or Julio Jones deep down the field. If Tennessee can control the game & have the Bengals playing from behind the entire time - I'm not sure the offensive line can maintain. 

Fingers crossed some of those defenders do play but if not, might be tough sledding. 

What do you guys think? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 91 Comments