Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

100 Fandom Points to Spread Across Your Teams ?

-2 HS
PaperHandsMan's picture
April 18, 2021 at 5:46pm
17 Comments

In a zero sum game, how would you allocate 100 points to represent the spectrum of your fandom?

You can define being a fan by whatever it means to you (which team you enjoy watching the most, which team you’d most like to see win a championship, etc...)

How would slice up the proverbial pie?

For me Ohio State Football will always garner the lion’s share of my give a darn points, with Buckeye Basketball coming in a clear 2nd place. Then compared to my passion for tOSU’s 2 revenue sports, only relative crumbs remain for all other teams/ programs/ franchises.

If I had to chart it, I’d probably dish out my allotment of 100 fandom points as follows:

Buckeye football: 70%

Buckeye basketball: 21%

Columbus BlueJackets: 7% 

Ohio State non-revenue sports: 1%. (I reserve 1% of my fandom for any Buckeye Olympic sports teams who are competing for championships).

Browns/Bengals/Reds/Indians: split the remaining 1% amongst themselves... (If an Ohio team finds themselves in a Super Bowl or World Series I’d root for them by default state pride, but nothing more).

I know some on here will have more points invested in the Browns, while some may love the Reds, some may feel a connection with the Crew. 
Obviously lower relative numbers on OSU football to boost up Cleveland or Cincinnati teams doesn’t make you less of a Buckeye fan (I just truly don’t care about the professional franchises, which is why I have them represented so low).

How would you guys divvy up 100 passion points amongst your favorite teams?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 17 Comments