Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Jay Gruden Praises Terry McLaurin, Saying “I Didn’t Know He Was This Good.”

+28 HS
Weave77's picture
August 7, 2019 at 2:59pm
24 Comments

By any perspective, Terry McLaurin has been having a fantastic training camp. Whether by torching former All-Pro Josh Norman in drills, being "showered with praise from coaches and teammates", being exalted by Redskins reporters, or being named by Landon Collins as one of the two standout offensive players of the camp, it seems like McLaurin is adjusting to The League rather well.

This past Saturday, when asked if it's been important for McLaurin's development to have Dwayne Haskins on the same team as him, Redskins HC Jay Gruden responded by saying,

“Well I think you flip that. I think it’s important for Dwayne to have Terry here. Terry’s awesome, he’s been great. He knows all the spots already. Very detailed at what he does, very explosive and [he has] good hands. So I think you talk about the character of the guy, you’re talking about a two-year captain at Ohio State. You know you got a great character kid already, so that’s not an issue. Very smart and very fast and very physical. So he’s, knock on wood he’s been outstanding so far.”

And apparently McLaurin's performance early this week did nothing to dispel Gruden's opinion of him, as when asked again about McLaurin on Monday, Gruden responded with even higher praise, which you can listen to in the video below:

I can't say I'm surprised. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments