Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Jay Gruden: 'Terry McLaurin Has Been Outstanding in All Phases'

+19 HS
Weave77's picture
June 6, 2019 at 3:52pm
47 Comments

I just came across an article on 247 about Terry McLaurin, and it sounds like the Redskins are extremely pleased with him so far. A couple of quotes that stood out:

"Terry is doing an excellent job, said Gruden. "He can do everything. He can block, he can run the vertical routes, he can run the short, intermediate routes, ran an unbelievable double-move today. I've just been very impressed with the total package of Terry, not just his speed — but his toughness, his attention to detail, his ability to finish plays, his ability to block, line up correctly, he's just been outstanding in all phases."

"He's kind of a Swiss Army knife we call it because he has the skillset to fit in to each position at wideout," Redskins Director of College Scouting Kyle Smith said. "As an X, the guy can roll. I mean, he ran a 4.3 40, he can take the top of off coverage, as a slot receiver, he's got route ability, he's got instincts and toughness. As a Z, he is a point of attack guy because he blocks his butt off and then as you mentioned, the special teams value of this guy is off the charts and then another high, high character guy, one of the best character guys that we did."

A bunch of people here were positive that McLaurin would translate very well to the NFL, and it has rarely been this satisfying to be proven right. Good luck, Terry!

Edit: Thought I'd include a description of a touchdown catch that McLaurin made at yesterday's minicamp:

Then, [Dwayne Haskins] finished the drive off with a wild touchdown to Terry McLaurin that looked like a Madden glitch. McLaurin was totally covered by a defensive back, but he reached around the cornerback and somehow got two hands on the ball for the score. It's almost like Haskins and McLaurin have some sort of special level of understanding with one another...........

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments