Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Kluber Breaks Forearm in Miami - What Now?

+1 HS
Brooksie's picture
May 2, 2019 at 11:13am
23 Comments

We have all seen the video by now. It is not pretty. I, honestly, would be stunned to see Corey on the hill anytime before mid-August. I think this dooms the 2019 season for the Tribe. Here's why:

The first problem with this scenario is that Dolan's Discounts came into play again last winter. Michael Brantley, Edwin Encarnacion, and Yonder Alonso (and all that offense) left the team because of payroll concerns. Lindor's injury was unfortunate, and Jose Ramirez is in a season long funk. They claimed poverty - and it is what it is.

Kluber himself was stumbling to the finish line last year. My feeling is that Chernoff and Antonetti flat out blew it by not trading Kluber when he still had significant value. They could have gotten quite a haul, and we know how they love prospects.......

Now they are left with a 33 year old pitcher who has lost velocity, and more importantly, the late break on his pitches. And, oh yeah, he is now also coming off a significant injury to his throwing arm..........

This whole scenario of inaction has my blood boiling.

Thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments