Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

How Can Cleveland Extend the Finals Past Game 5?

+3 HS
JTFor President2016's picture
May 31, 2018 at 10:46am
88 Comments

I must admit, I can't recall a championship in any sport where I have seen such a talent disparity between two teams. I was 7 when Lebron came into the league, and naturally he has been my idol. I have grown up as a mega Lebron supporter and have cheered for him every step of the way. I personally believe Lebron, at age 33, is the best he has ever been. With that said, it is just so hard more me to picture this series lasting longer than 5 games, even if LBJ was to average a 40 point triple-double. 

What do you guys think are going to be the key factors for this series to be extended past game 5? I came up with a few. 

1. JR Smith. More specifically, his shooting. When JR is making his shots, he is actually a very good defender. But when his shot is off, he looks completely lost everywhere, and makes bone-headed plays. 
  2. Copy 2015, not 2016 and 2017 - Remember when the Cavs, without Kyrie and Love, pushed the Warriors further in 2015, than they did last year with both guys healthy? Yes, the Warriors added KD, but the point is that Cleveland tried to outscore the Dubs last year and it failed miserably. Their best bet, make the game nearly unbearable to watch. Make it ugly. Slow it down, just like 2015. As much as I hate to say this, Jeff Green is going to be huge. And based on this year, that is a bad bad bad thing to rely on. But that is where the Cavs are at right now. Jeff Green has to play like a guy that can play more minutes than Kevin Love, because as we know, Kevin is pretty much irrelevant against the death lineup. 
  3. Kevin Love - I know I just said the Warriors make him irrelevant, but he is going to have to find a way to make the most out of his time on the court. Ty Lue will probably play him 30+ minutes a game, but I personally believe the Cavs would be better off using him as a 20 mpg scorer. They need him to allow Lebron some time to get "on the court rest". 
  4. The others need to "beat to their own drum" - I have never. I repeat never, seen a group of role players follow everything their leader does like the Cavs guys follow Lebron. If Lebron plays hard defense, they play hard defense. If he acts upset, they act upset. At times, George Hill, Clarkson, Nance, and Hood act like they are the ones going to their 8th straight finals. The main reason I loved the mid-season trade was because Cleveland got guys who have never won a title. I thought these guys would go 110% in the playoffs and never act complacent. Boy was I wrong. 
  5. Rodney Hood - Man dude, don't make it so obvious how much you want out of Cleveland. But if Cleveland stands any chance at all, this guy needs to play and make something happen. JVG made a good point in Game 7 vs. the Celts. "I think you may see Rodney Hood in this game. He is the only guy other than Lebron that can create his own shot". Out of all the trades, I, like many, were the most excited about Rodney Hood, and yet he has went from a 15 ppg scorer (on a good team. Those weren't garbage numbers), to not even in the rotation. We need you Rodney. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 88 Comments