Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Cavs V. Celtics Game 1 Open Thread

+5 HS
GrandTheftHarley's picture
May 13, 2018 at 3:10pm
64 Comments

Happy Mom's Day to all you Buckeyes and NBA fans out there. I thought I'd post this a little early, as I'm off shortly to take my wife to dinner.

Was reading an interesting and informative pre- Eastern Conference Finals story on Bleacher Report. One quote stood out for me:

Double LeBron or Contain the Role Players?

For a decade-and-a-half now, coaches have struggled with this decision. Play James straight up, and he's big and strong enough to get by his man and into the paint. Send help, and he's zipping a pass from any angle to an open shooter.

A big difference between the Pacers series that went seven games and the Toronto sweep wasn't James, but rather how those around him performed.

James averaged 34.4 points on 55.3 percent shooting against Indiana and nearly mirrored it with 34.0 points on 55.3 percent shooting to take down the Raptors. The key was Kevin Love and Cleveland's role players.

With Brad Stevens' game planning, I could see this really cramping Cleveland's style.

Here's the link:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2775681-brad-stevens-blueprint-to-slowing-down-

lebron-james-in-cavs-celtics-east-finals?utm_source=cnn.com&

utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Will King James' heroics be enough to carry the Cavs into the Finals? Game time is 3:30 pm EDT on ABC.

Enjoy the game. And obey your mother. ;-)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 64 Comments