Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Why The Browns Should Take Barkley No. 1

+8 HS
KINGBUCKEYE419's picture
March 3, 2018 at 10:15am
183 Comments

I know a lot of people disagree with me on taking Saquon Barkley No.1 on this site some say he's not an every down back even though he's 230lbs and others argue that we need a quarterback which I don't disagree with but, I believe that no player in this draft is as complete a player or as game-changing as Barkley is at the skill positions.

There's no clear division amongst quarterbacks this year 1-5 so even if the Browns were to take any of the available quarterbacks at the No. 4 spot it's unclear that they'd miss out on anything special. Meanwhile, once Barkley is gone he's gone. 

The Value of Runningbacks has seen a Clear resurgence this year take Leonard Fournette, Zeek, and McCaffery and while an argument can be made that quality at the running back position can be found later in the draft (Alvin Kamara) the same could be said for a quarterback (Dak Prescott, Russell Wilson).

When it comes to drafting my favorite team philosophy is to take the best available player especially when there's a clear division in talent and with Barkley, there is. 

I'd go on to say that even though there will be several top-rated quarterbacks available at No. 4 I'd first take Quenton Nelson then Bradley Chubb if either were available before taking a quarterback.  

With all that said here's a pretty cool video breakdown of Barkley's skill.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 183 Comments