Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

St. Paris Graham Upends St. Ed's to Win D1 State Dual Title

0 HS
Andy Vance's picture
February 13, 2018 at 9:59am
25 Comments

One of wrestling's biggest D1 NCAA prospect pipelines won another state title over the weekend. St. Paris Graham (yes, locals, I know that only wrestling people call it "St. Paris Graham," and that the school is actually just Graham, don't @ me) won its first state title in Division I by handling longtime D1 power St. Edward, 28-23.

“This is real special,” Jordan told Cleveland.com. “Our big rival is St. Ed’s and, besides winning the state tournament, winning the dual with St. Ed’s is always a big goal for us. We got to do it down here in Columbus for a state title and it doesn’t get any better than that."

Graham typical competes in - and wins state titles in - Division II. The team felt it was up to the tougher task of wrestling against Division I foes this go-round.

“The guys voted unanimously to move up to Division I for this tournament, even though we knew it would be a tough test," Jordan said. "We’ll see how we vote next season if we want to do this again. But Division I this year was really tough.”

Future Buckeye Rocky Jordan, youngest of Coach Jordan's three sons (Bo and Micah are Buckeye starters and All Americans), took care of business with a 15-0 tech fall over Michael Garcar at 170. Buckeye fans hope it's one of many big matches Jordan will win in St. John Arena.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 25 Comments