Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The Cavs Got Rid of All Their Dead Weight with Those Trades, and Got a Lot Younger.

+8 HS
PoopOnMichigan13's picture
February 12, 2018 at 12:36pm
42 Comments

I loved the trades the Cavs made before the deadline because we managed to get rid of every player who didnt fit, got younger, and kept our two best trade assets(Bkn 1st, and K.Love). We got rid of dead weight without giving up much at all.

IT was a bad idea from the start. Cavs struggled on D in the past and adding Isaiah Thomas to the team wasn't gonna make it better. I never liked his fit because of his defensive liabilities, but also because the Cavs dont have Brad Stevens. IT needs to be hidden on D(we lack the coach and lacked the personnel), and needs the ball in his hands a lot on offense. And as we all knew, but some didnt want to admit, IT is no Kyrie on offense, he can't create against anyone in the league like Kyrie can. Thomas created locker room issues and was playing really bad. He had to go.

I hated the D.Rose pick up, but talked myself into liking it, and ultimately it was what you'd expect. Didn't fit, couldn't accept his role, and didn't play defense, essentially the same as D.Wade. Wade could have worked out, but his heart wasn't in it, I think he'll play better on the Heat.

Crowder is one guy I would have liked to keep, but I think he'll fit well in Utah so Im happy for him. The Cavs don't have Brad Stevens, and Crowder is a system guy who thrived playing under a coach like Stevens who knew how to use him properly, not to mention, he had more minutes in Boston. Crowder was ultimately worth giving up for what we got in return, his value was only gonna go down the longer he stayed with us.

Shump was just dead weight, was always injured, got payed too much, and played inconsistently. It was smart to move on from him.

I dont know how we got what we got in return to be completely honest. I thought IT had lost more value than he apparently did, and the same goes for Crowder.

George Hill is the ideal PG to play with LeBron. He's a knockdown 3-pt shooter, long defender, and smart veteran player with playoff experience. Perfect fit.

Rodney Hood is a 6'8'' deadly scorer. He can create his own shots, and helps replace some of what we lost from Kyrie. He's young, athletic, and getting better. Loved watching him play in Utah and at Duke, and I cant wait to watch him in wine and gold.

Clarkson fits great with LeBron, he's young and he's explosive on offense. Not bad on defense and has the skills to be a great defender. Nance also has a lot of potential and gives us another big man who will hustle and can play some solid D.

The Cavs average age went down by about 2 years because of these trades, we got guys who have been in the league long enough to contribute in large roles, but we got better for the future as well. We opened up playing time for Cedi Osman, another young guy with potential, and he is showing himself to be a baller. The bench is less crowded, younger, but more talented, and we got rid of guys with drama. 

Overall the team got better now and for the future. Great job by whoever orchestrated those trades. This team is hungry and ready to go.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 42 Comments