Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

ESPN Claims Ezekiel Elliott will be suspended for six games

+7 HS
MiamiBuckeye's picture
August 11, 2017 at 12:26pm
3 Comments

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20302469/ezekiel-elliott-dallas-cowbo...

The storm clouds have been brewing for a while, but it seems that--at least according to this ESPN report--the NFL are prepared to suspend Ezekiel Elliott for six games for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy. Elliott does have the right to appeal the suspension of course.

Note, this has yet to be truly confirmed by the NFL, which is probably why 11W hasn't posted about it yet.

If the NFL really does suspend Zeke, I hope that they've found strong evidence that was missing in prior investigations by police into the allegations that prove beyond reasonable doubt that he was guilty of abusing his at the time girlfriend. If that's the case, then it doesn't matter what Zeke did for Buckeye nation in 2014 or what he's done for charity or how many yards he's rushed for or how many shirts he's sold. If Zeke did abuse his girlfriend, then he deserves the ban, pure and simple, and I could only then hope that the NFL would follow through and ban all the other players who've recently done some rather questionable things.

Now here's the caveat: from all previous indications, there was no solid evidence that Zeke did actually abuse his girlfriend. We have to be careful here, because all too often women who are actually abused are dismissed as "gold-diggers looking for a payout." That willingness to doubt victims and defend the abuser because the abuser is well-liked/famous is a toxic element of our culture that needs to be rooted out. But, with that said, in this case the evidence heretofore available seems to point toward Zeke's innocence.

So, once again, I reiterate, if the NFL does ban Elliott, they'd better have new evidence, otherwise it just looks like they're making an example of him to make up for all the times they've done nothing (or handed down paltry punishments) to players who've committed offenses as bad or worse than what Zeke is accused of.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments