Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Cardale Jones shows off arm talent

+6 HS
Defiance's picture
August 1, 2017 at 1:12pm
28 Comments

Cardale Jones shows off arm talent on first day of Chargers camp

So we all know who Cardale Jones is right? For those of you that missed it, I think Jeremy "Birm" Birmingham explained who he was pretty well with his now famous tweet:

After obliterating Wisconsin in the B1G Championship Game by a score of 59-0, Cardale took the reins of what can be described as a cinderella type run through the first CFP where tOSU knocked off the #1 seeded Crimson Tide and then handily dispatched the Oregon Ducks for the Golden V. Cardale returned to Columbus to complete his senior year at Ohio State and was drafted in the fourth round by the Buffalo Bills.

Fast forward to July 2017 and the afore mentioned 12th Son of Ohio is on the move again.

The Chargers received Jones in a trade with the Buffalo Bills last week for a conditional seventh-round pick. A fourth-round selection by the Bills in the 2016 draft, the Ohio State product worked with Chargers head coach Anthony Lynn last season when Lynn served as Buffalo's offensive coordinator.

"He's a big quarterback," Lynn said. "He's more mobile than what people give him credit for. He has a nice arm and can make every throw. I think he's a good, young quarterback to develop."

After the trade was announced, Cardale had nothing but great things to say about his trade to the San Diego Los Angeles Chargers. In classic Cardale fashion, he didn't hold back either.

After hearing about the trade from his agent, new Los Angeles Chargers quarterback Cardale Jones said he was pleased to know he'd be in the same quarterback room as Philip Rivers.

"He's the only guy I've ever met, a celebrity athlete or however you want to put it, that I got starstruck around because of how attentive he is to details about his craft," Jones said. "And that's how I want to be one day, something like that.

Turns out Cardale had occasion to work with Rivers previously and as you've just read, it left a strong impression.

Jones worked out with Rivers' younger brother Stephen Rivers during the pre-draft process last year in San Diego with quarterback guru George Whitefield.

"He came out to see his brother train a couple times, and when he was talking to his brother he was kind of talking to us," Jones said about Philip Rivers. "The way he would talk to us about taking certain drops and not standing in the pocket and that's not what the NFL is about ... and just how detailed he was."

As most of us are, I am excited to see what 12 Gauge can do with his new opportunity on the Left Coast. Whatever happened in Buffalo or will happen from this point forward in the NFL, we'll always have that magical run to the CFP and how cool is it that 12 Gauge and Big Bear will be join forces again.

Here's one link for the read and another for some side story and here's to wishing the very best going forward.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments