Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

The 5 Toughest Guys I've Ever Faced - Ryan Shazier

+5 HS
BurningRiverBuckeye's picture
July 27, 2017 at 3:41pm
11 Comments

Stumbled upon a pretty cool article by Ryan Shazier in The Player's Tribune. In it he describes the 5 toughest player's he has ever faced. Unfortunately, he didn't pick any former Buckeyes but did give Zeke credit on more than one occasion. 

Toughest O-Lineman: Tyron Smith (and the rest of the Cowboys)
Ezekiel Elliott is a beast. He ran all over us last season. But I can’t mention him without mentioning the guys in front of him, because they’re flat-out amazing. Tyron Smith is a freaking Sasquatch out there playing football.

Zeke is a heavy, heavy, heavy runner, and he wears defenses down.

Toughest Wide Receiver: Antonio Brown
Not the biggest guy. Not the strongest guy. Not the fastest guy. So why is he so good?

WANT TO.

It’s his WANT TO.

Toughest Running Back: Le’Veon Bell
He’s not just a running back, though. He’s a wide receiver and a running back. Le’Veon is going to get his rushing yards, but if you start stacking up the box, he’ll motion out of you and start playing receiver. 

Toughest Tight End: Travis Kelce
I really respect Gronk and Jordan Reed because they’re like receivers and tight ends combined. But I’m going to put Travis Kelce here, but he’s got all the tools, and he talks some pretty good smack, too.

Toughest Middle Linebacker: C.J. Mosley
There are so many inside linebackers I admire: Sean Lee, Bobby Wagner, Dont’a Hightower, Luke Kuechly. But if I’m thinking about a guy who I really respect, it’s C.J. Mosley.

A little disappointed there weren't any Buckeyes picked, but it was still interesting to hear his perspective. He was and always will be one of my favorite Buckeye LB's.

Link to the full article: Here

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments