Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

Should the Cavs trade LeBron?

+11 HS
macdaddybuckeyesupreme's picture
June 21, 2017 at 5:15pm
91 Comments

Now before you down vote the post into oblivion just here me out. It is rumored that LeBron is planning on signing with the Lakers next year with Paul George. I think if this is the case the Cavs should trade LeBron and include JR Smith and Tristan Thompson in the package. In this case they could get back draft picks and alot of them maybe even add in a third team to sweeten the pot by offering Kevin Love for a couple more draft picks. I would see about getting the Lakers #2, #27, and #28 picks this year, their second round picks for this year, next years 1st round pick/s unprotected as well. This would put them not only under the salary cap, but they could also start drafting players again (something they desperately need since the bench is getting old). They could than resign Derrick Williams who is 25, Kyrie who is already under contract for another 3 years, and Imam Shumpert who is 25 (not saying he is good but a decent off the bench defensive player). They could than draft a starting SG and a backup PG and a starting center. Also at this point they could bring over Cedi Osman as a possible starter at SF. They would have a young core and have some flexibility with free agency. Im not saying its gonna happen, but if the rumors of LeBron going to the Lakers than I would make the cold and calculated decision to get as much as possible from them right now before the cavs run out of time and get nothing.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 91 Comments