Other Sports Forum

Other Sports Forum

NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, MLS, EPL, you name it. Talk about it here.

2017 MLB predictions

+7 HS
SFlaBuckeye13's picture
February 16, 2017 at 11:25am
82 Comments

It's officially one of the best times of the year. Baseball season. Pitchers and catchers reported this week and all of the big name free agents have signed. Let's get to it.

Al East: Red Sox- I hope they go 0-162 but they added Sale this offseason and have a great mix of young and veteran talent. I do think not having Big Papi will have a big impact on the team. 

Al Central: Indians- They were one game away from their first championship since 1948. Signing Encarnacion adds an elite bat to the middle of the lineup and getting Brantley back is huge if healthy.

Al West: Astros- They have too much talent to not win the division. Houston added some nice pieces this off season and Keuchel bounces back to win the of the toughest divisions in baseball.

WC 1: Mariners- Many thought they would be a playoff team last year but it didn't happen. Felix Hernandez is one of the best pitchers in baseball and he along with Cano and Cruz bring them to the playoffs for their first time since 2001.

WC 2: Tigers- Detroit has a strong, deep lineup led by one of the best hitters ever in Miguel Cabrera. Verlander, Fulmer and Zimmermann are good enough to push them past the Rangers for the 2nd WC.

NL East: Nationals- They have multiple MVP, Cy Young candidates and have one of the most talented rosters in baseball.

Nl Central: Cubs- There isn't much to say. The defending champs have it all. 

NL West: Dodgers: LA has a lot of depth in their lineup and rotation. Oh yeah, they also have Clayton Kershaw.

WC 1: Mets- Another team who I hope goes winless but they have the best rotation in baseball. Every game they have a chance to see history on the mound.

WC 2: Cardinals- The Spurs of baseball. Just a great organization that I expect to be in playoffs after missing out last year. 

World Series: Indians beat the Cubs- When healthy Cleveland might have the best rotation in the AL. With those arms and a better lineup, the Indians will be the last team standing in 2017.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 82 Comments