Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Is Anyone else Confused at How the DT Recruiting Has Gone This Cycle?

+9 HS
BucknutinNC's picture
July 15, 2018 at 5:21am
61 Comments

I was having a good debate with Numbers on another forum topic about this and thought maybe this would make a good topic to get some other opinions on.

I know starting out Tyler Davis and Faatui Tuitele were the top 2 guys. Totally get it especially with Faatui on how good a prospect each guy is. However there was Jawon Briggs in our own back yard, who is a top 5 guy at his position. I was confused the staff didn't make him the #1 priority from day one being he was just down the road, and being so highly rated. I know we cant take every Ohio kid just because he's from Ohio, this isnt one of those rants before somebody says that. However, when a kid is such a highly rated prospect and a local kid, in my opinion making him the guy is a no brainer. We didn't, he's now committed to Virginia and that ship has sailed. Also now Davis is in doubt and truthfully Faatui was always a long shot and most think he's either going to USC or Bama where his cousin is.

So now with Briggs out, Davis and Faatui doubtful we are looking at 3 star D'Von Ellies. Who may be underrated and a better prospect than his rating, not sure, but if we are looking at him it begs the question? What about Rodus Johnson and Steven Faucheux? They are both rated higher than Ellies but I havent heard of any renewed interest in either of them. Keep in mind Briggs is the guy I think we should have made the priorty all along. I know that Andrew Lind had said that the staff struggled to make a connection with Briggs, maybe he could elaborate on that some for a better understanding of that situation.

Also, haven't been on the site long and this is my 1st attempt at a topic. If I put it in the wrong place or did something wrong I apologize in advance, please dont be to harsh! LOL

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 61 Comments