Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Quick Bits 3/1 & 3/2 (Christian Kirk & Marcus Lewis enjoying their visits)

0 HS
GeneStarwind's picture
March 2, 2014 at 11:03am
7 Comments

Visitors List (Subject To Change)
This Weekend

'15 ATH Christian Kirk (Scottsdale, AZ)
'15 DB Marcus Lewis (Washington, DC)
March 6th
'15 ATH Eric Glover-Williams (Canton, OH) - commit
March 7th
'15 LB CJ Stalker (West Chester, OH)
March 17th
'16 ATH Demetris Robertson (Savannah, GA)
March 21st-22nd
'15 TE Chris Clark (Avon, CT)
'15 OL Simon Stepaniak (Hamilton, OH)
'15 OL James Daniels (Warren, OH)
'15 LB Josh Barajas (Merrillville, IN)
April 10th
'16 OL Michal Menet (Reading, PA)
April 12th - Spring Game
'15 QB Brandon Wimbush (Jersey City, NJ)
'15 OL Larry Wells (Kenton, OH)
'15 LB Sh'mar Kilby-Lane (Hallandale, FL)
'15 DB Minkah Fitzpatrick (Jersey City, NJ)

Scout $ - Ohio State Impresses Kirk On Visit '15 AZ ATH Christian Kirk

• By Young....Says the visit was one of his best and his favorite part was meeting with Coach Meyer. Enjoyed hanging out with Johnnie Dixon & Raekwon McMillan and says Ohio State remains high on his list. Mom really enjoyed it as well. 

Scout$--McLean adds 2 big offers '15 MD DT Adam McLean

• Adam says Michigan State is still on top but tOSU was an offer he was waiting on and he has always liked the Buckeyes.
Marcus Lewis

Marcus Lewis

Christian Kirk Recaps Ohio State Visit (11W)

Kirk
Christian Kirk, the nation's second-ranked wide receiver, visited Ohio State this weekend and the Buckeyes have made themselves a legitimate player for the Arizona star. A 5-foot-10, 195-pound dynamo, Kirk says the visit to Columbus exceeded his lofty expectations.

"I had high expectations coming in, but Ohio State exceeded them by a lot," Kirk said about his initial visit to Columbus. "The first day with filled with seeing just the main football facility and practice fields, stuff like that in the morning. The rest of the day was a series of academic meetings, and then we met with Archie Griffin which was an experience I'll never forget. The (second day) was more about football stuff, like seeing the weight room, the stadium, and sitting down watching film."

Kirk, who plans to enroll at his college of choice in January, spent much of his free time with two Buckeye freshmen who've recently done the same, linebacker Raekwon McMillan and wide receiver Johnnie Dixon. Kirk and Dixon became close last summer when they met at Nike's The Opening. Not coincidentally, McMillan and Dixon each from "warmer weather" states like Kirk. 

cont...

Drew Richmond, an elite offensive tackle prospect in the 2015 class, grew up an Ohio State fan: Buckeyes recruiting (Plain Dealer)

Richmond

COLUMBUS, Ohio – For the majority of Drew Richmond'™s childhood, he thought he was going to play basketball. Then things started to change.

"œI didn'™t ever think I would end up playing football, then I got bigger and wider and everyone got taller, skinnier and lankier," Richmond told Cleveland.com in a phone interview Thursday. "I knew my basketball days were done when I played AAU ball in seventh grade and the guy I was guarding was 6-foot-7."

A few years have gone by since then, and Richmond continued to get bigger. Now there's a lot of head coaches at top college football programs are glad the 6-6, 313-pounder of Memphis (Tenn.) University School came to that realization.

Why? Because Richmond has become an elite offensive tackle prospect in the 2015 recruiting class.

cont...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 7 Comments