Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Quick Bits 2/27 (Paris Palmer offered, Andre Robinson to Penn State)

0 HS
GeneStarwind's picture
February 27, 2014 at 5:20pm
3 Comments

Visitors List (Subject To Change)
Tonight
'15 ATH Christian Kirk (Scottsdale, AZ)
March 1st
'15 DB Marcus Lewis (Washington, DC)
March 7th
'15 LB CJ Stalker (West Chester, OH)
March 21st-22nd
'15 RB Andre Robinson (Harrisburg, PA)
'15 TE Chris Clark (Avon, CT)
'15 OL Simon Stepaniak (Hamilton, OH)
'15 LB Josh Barajas (Merrillville, IN)
April 10th
'16 OL Michal Menet (Reading, PA)
April 12th - Spring Game
'15 QB Brandon Wimbush (Jersey City, NJ)
'15 OL Larry Wells (Kenton, OH)
'15 LB Sh'mar Kilby-Lane (Hallandale, FL)
'15 DB Minkah Fitzpatrick (Jersey City, NJ)

Scout$--Gerald Now on the Radar '16 OH OL Tyler Gerald

• Tyler is hearing from tOSU, Northwestern, Cincinnati, and Minnesota. He plans to attend tOSU spring practice.

Scout$--In-state cornerback becoming hot commodity '15 TN CB Cameron Ordway

• Cameron has offers from Vanderbilt, Penn State, Cincinnati, Kentucky, and Mississippi State. He is hearing from Tennessee, Georgia, and tOSU. Cameron grew up as a Buckeye fan and says tOSU is his dream offer.

Rivals $ - 4-star LB Coney has visits in mind '15 FL LB Tevon Coney

• By Wommack....Says everyone is even and plans on visiting Florida, Tennessee, Ohio State & Clemson. Looking for a great engineering program.

Scout$--Mack Talks Auburn Visit, Ohio State Offer '15 TX DL Daylon Mack

• Different tone in this article. Daylon may visit tOSU but isn't sure.

Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 2/27 - Christian Kirk visit, one new offer (LGHL)

KirkA top 2015 prospect who is committed to Texas A&M picked up an Ohio State offer on Wednesday. Plus, '15 ATH Christian Kirk will begin his visit later today.

Wednesday was a fairly slow day in the recruiting world. The Buckeyes did send out one new offer to a big-time 2015 prospect, who is committed elsewhere, and will also have a huge visitor on campus starting later today. They also received a walk-on commitment from a long-snapper.

'15 DT Daylon Mack, who has been committed to Texas A&M since October of last year, picked up an offer from the Buckeyes yesterday. The 6'2", 310-pounder from Texas is one of the highest ranked prospects in this years class. Mack stands at 11th in his class, 3rd at his position and 2nd in the lone star state. That clearly means he is a 5-star talent and his offer sheet shows.

cont...

Sam York commits to Ohio State as preferred walk-on (LGHL)

York

Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes add class of 2014 long snapper Sam York as a preferred walk-on.

Urban Meyer and the Ohio State football staff are fresh off signing 23 of the top class of 2014 prospects to National Letters of Intent earlier this month. Looking to have depth at every position not just on game days, the Buckeyes aren't just adding those freshly inked scholarship athletes to the roster, but also a number of preferred walk-on prospects.

With Cincinnati St. Xavier quarterback Nick Tensing, Clayton Northmont defensive back Isaiah Williams and OSU signee Dylan Thompson's Montini Catholic (IL) teammate Mike Maduko already in the fold, long snapper Sam York of Marblehead High School in Marblehead, Massachusetts has decided to join them and accept an opportunity to walk-on to the Ohio State football team over chances to suit up for Michigan, Purdue and Fordham University.

"I was offered a preferred walk-on spot by Coach Gregory Gillum. I will be one of three long snappers on the team and I will be primarily competing for the field goal snapping position." York, who was offered the National Buckeye Merit Scholarship and plans to study Engineering once he reaches campus, told Land-Grant Holy Land earlier this evening. "I feel blessed to be a part of this prestigious program and it will be an honor to play for Coach Urban Meyer. This is a dream come true, and there are no words to fully describe how grateful and excited I am to have this opportunity."

cont...

Chris Clark, Ohio State's top tight end target in 2015, says Buckeyes 'will be there until the end': Buckeyes recruiting (Plain Dealer)

Clark

Avon (Conn.) Old Farms tight end Chris Clark earned an offer from Ohio State in December. The 6-foot-6, 245-pound prospect, however, has seen his scholarship offers list expand to 40 in the last few months. (Rivals.com)

COLUMBUS, Ohio – When Ohio State offered tight end Chris Clark in December it was the first major program on his list. Three months later, there aren’t many powerhouses left who haven’t joined the Buckeyes.

A four-star prospect rated by Rivals.com the No. 7 tight end in the 2015 class, Clark has emerged as one of top players at his position. And Urban Meyer hasn’t hid how much he wants the product of Avon (Conn.) Old Farms on the Buckeyes roster.

“Coach Meyer and Coach (Tim) Hinton have reiterated to me many times that I am their No. 1 guy they want at my position,” Clark told Cleveland.com in a phone interview Wednesday afternoon. “It means a lot. Ohio State will definitely be there until the end.”

But things have gotten a lot more crowded for Clark, who was a three-star prospect with offers from only Boston College, Georgia, Indiana, North Carolina State, Pittsburgh, Syracuse, Temple, Texas Tech and Virginia when he initially got involved with the Buckeyes in December.

cont...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments