Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Quick Bits 2/21 - 2/23 (Venzell Boulware & Deondre Francois offered)

0 HS
GeneStarwind's picture
February 22, 2014 at 11:42am
3 Comments
  • RB Andre Robinson will visit Ohio State on March 22nd

Scout $ - Francois Discusses Newest Offers '15 FL QB Deondre Francois

• By Young.....Says he has always wanted to play for Urban Meyer and likes the Ohio State offense. Has high interest in Florida State, Clemson & Ohio State. Will camp at Ohio State this summer.

Newly Offered: '15 GA OL Venzell Boulware

Newly Offered: '15 FL QB Deondre Francois

Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 2/21 - Andre Robinson to visit March 22, Darius Slade visiting this weekend, one new offer, and more (LGHL)

Andre Robinson

We're only a few weeks into the 2015 recruiting cycle, but there's still a lot of news regarding the top soon-to-be senior prep prospects in the nation when it comes to Ohio State.

Top RB Andre Robinson set to visit

The Buckeyes have known they'd be hosting a big visitor on March 21st in Avon (CT) Old Farms tight end Chris Clark. Yesterday they received news they'd be hosting another big visitor just a day later in the form of Harrisburg (PA) Bishop McDevitt running back Andre Robinson.

"Yes, March 22nd I'll be visiting," Robinson said. "I'm looking forward to spending time with coach (Stan) Drayton and watching them practice."

The 5'9, 205-pound tailback has been in close contact with Ohio State defensive line coach Larry Johnson (his area recruiter) since being offered and even had a nice phone conversation with head coach Urban Meyer last week.

"I talk to coach (Larry) Johnson weekly and I talked to coach Meyer last week," he continued. "It (the conversation with Meyer) went well. He seems like a good guy. I'm looking forward to getting out there to meet him."

In addition to the March 22nd visit to Ohio State, Robinson will make two unofficial visits to Penn State on Monday and also on March 21st, the day before he makes the trip to Columbus. He's looking forward to meeting the new staff when he visits Happy Valley.

"They (the new Penn State staff) seem pretty cool," Robinson told Land-Grant Holy Land. "I'm looking forward to getting up there and getting to know them."

Robinson is also going to visit Virginia Tech at some point this spring. He's also considering visits to Michigan and Michigan State.

cont...

Ohio State recruiting: 2015 OL Venzell Boulware breaks down offer (LGHL)

Boulware

Ohio State offered class of 2015 offensive tackle Venzell Boulware earlier this afternoon. See what the three-star prospect has to say about his chance to suit up for the Buckeyes.

Coming off a season where he helped block Fairborn Georgia's Creekside High to a perfect 15-0 overall record and their first football state championship in school history, class of 2015 offensive lineman Venzell Boulware has watched his recruitment steadily take off over the last few weeks. Since the new year, Alabama, Clemson, Florida, Kentucky, Ole Miss and South Carolina have all offered the 6'4 270 pound three-star prospect a scholarship.

Earlier this afternoon, the Ohio State coaching staff decided to join the aforementioned universities and dish out their own scholarship offer to the Peach State standout.

"I was on the phone with Coach Kerry Coombs when he told me that I had an offer. He said that he really enjoyed my film and that they are going to need some lineman." Venzell told Land-Grant Holy Land when asked how the offer went down. "Ohio State is a pretty big program so I was very honored and excited to be hearing from them. Urban Meyer is one of the best coaches around so that is a pretty big deal." Boulware went on to add about his offer from the Bucks.

cont...

Ohio State eyes more speed, backfield of the future (CBS Sports)

Under head coach Urban Meyer, Ohio State has assembled the No. 5, No. 2 and No. 3 classes the last three recruiting cycles.

One of the trademarks in the Buckeyes' hauls has been the addition of elite speed, particularly in the 2014 class, which is deep with versatile, speedy playmakers that immediately boost the athleticism of the overall roster.

In the early stages of the 2015 cycle, Ohio State has its eyes on its future backfield- and once again, it's all about speed and with that, potentially landing two of the No. 1 overall prospects at their positions.

Five-star quarterback Torrance Gibson (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./American Heritage) is a 6-foot-4 prospect with dynamic playmaking ability that can run. He's got similarities to current Buckeyes quarterback Braxton Miller in terms of his elusiveness and he's got the size and feet of former Ohio State star Terrelle Pryor. Throw in that his skill set fits offensive coordinator Tom Herman's offense and it's not a surprise that the Buckeyes want him badly. Currently, the U.S. Army All-American is predicted to Ohio State by 247Sports Crystal Ball (which measures the predictions trends of recruiting analysts across the country) at 63 percent. Miami, Auburn and LSU also received picks. Like the Buckeyes, the (Auburn) Tigers are an excellent scheme fit. Gibson is the No. 1 dual-threat quarterback prospect in the 2015 cycle according to 247Sports Composite Rankings.

cont...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 3 Comments