Ohio State Recruiting Forum

Ohio State Recruiting Forum

OSU football and basketball recruiting fan talk.

Quick Bits 2/14 - 2/16

0 HS
GeneStarwind's picture
February 16, 2014 at 10:28am
8 Comments

BN$--No. 1 WR Sets Ohio State Visit '15 AZ ATH Christian Kirk

• Christian has 28 offers, is visiting as many schools as possible this spring before narrowing to a top ten before summer, will take all five officials and then commit.

BG$--Buckeyes make it official for Harris '15 TN TE Jackson Harris

• Jackson is excited about the offer and enjoys talking to Coach Hinton. He wants to narrow things down soon and decide in the fall.

BG$--Speedy Florida athlete lands Buckeye offer '15 FL RB Dexter Williams

• Dexter picked up offers from tOSU, Florida, South Carolina, and Miami (Fla.) this week. He likes Coach Meyer and says he grew up as a Seminoles fan but has switched to Florida.

BN$--Fitzpatrick Talks OSU, Recruiting '15 NJ DB Minkah Fitzpatrick

• Minkah says he isn't ready to name favorites yet but Miami, Ohio State, Florida State, Alabama, South Carolina, and Boston College are recruiting him the hardest. He would like to commit in the summer but will wait until NLOID if necessary.

Deondre Francois commits to Under Armour Game, earns Ohio State offer (Orlando Sentinel)

Orlando Olympia junior quarterback Deondre Francois has committed to play in the 2015 Under Armour All-American Game, which will be played in January at St. Petersburg's Tropicana Field.

His committment comes on the same day he was offered a scholarship to play at Ohio State, giving the 6-foot-1, 190-pound QB his 11th offer. He also has offers from Florida, Florida State, Miami, Louisville, USF, North Carolina, Clemson, Indiana, Wake Forest and Cincinnati.

Francois, the No. 7-ranked player in the Sentinel's 2015 Central Florida Super60,  will join an exclusive list of local Orlando players who have played in the game, but he is the first Central Florida player invited to the event since the 2013 game. This past season's contest had no representative from the Orlando area.

In 2013, Orlando Edgewater's Alton 'Pig' Howard (now at Tennessee), Daytona Beach Mainland's Quinton Powell (Southern Cal), South Sumter's Keanu Neal (Florida) and Orlando Dr. Phillips' Marcell Harris (Florida) were selected for the game. Harris did not play due to injury.

cont...

Ohio State recruiting: State Secrets, 2/14 - Jackson Harris, Dexter Williams offered, Jeffrey Holland update (LGHL)

Jeffrey Holland

Thursday was a pretty busy day in the world of Ohio State recruiting and we have the latest Ohio State recruiting updates heading into the weekend.

Buckeyes offer '15 TE Jackson Harris

After striking out on Mike Gesicki and other tight end targets in the 2014 recruiting class (and Marcus Baugh getting into trouble off the field multiple times since arriving in Columbus), the tight end position is one of the biggest needs to fill for Ohio State in 2015.

The coaching staff had only handed out two offers to tight ends coming into today in the form of Chris Clark and Garrett Williams, but the number grew to three just a short while ago when Ohio State tight ends coach Tim Hinton offered Columbia (TN) Central tight end Jackson Harris a scholarship.

The 6'5, 245-pound tight end was very excited to receive an offer from one of the top football programs in the nation.

"I was on the phone with Coach Hinton; I was kind of expecting it. He was kind of telling me they were going to do it, but I guess they had a staff meeting yesterday. He told me call him and he made it official."

No schools are sticking out for the standout tight end as things currently stand, but Harris is very excited to receive an offer from the Scarlet and Gray.

"It's a huge offer, definitely one I'll strongly consider," Harris told Land-Grant Holy Land. "I went up there for a game this fall and it was a great experience."

cont...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments