Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Is OSU FutureCoachesU?

+2 HS
Always_A_Buckeye's picture
February 18, 2024 at 12:06pm
4 Comments

With the addition of James Laurinaitis as a full-time assistant coach at OSU, we have three football team alumni (Walton, Hartline, and Laurinaitis) who are current Buckeye coaches.  I can quickly think of several former Buckeyes who are current/former college/NFL coaches: Mike Vrabel, Luke Fickell, Kenny Guiton, JT Barrett, Eddie George, Marcus Freeman, and Pepper Johnson. Seems like a great  recent trend. I'm sure, I missing others. Who am I forgetting?   (I didn't add Anthony Schlegel, although he had a short stint with the Jaguars.  I know he's doing a 'leave replacement' type gig with OSU now, but felt he's not at the same level (full time coaches; most having done so for several years) as the others). Maybe, this has been going on for longer than I thought.  Interested in what others I missed (more recent and earlier grads too). TIA.  

I wonder how this compares to other football programs? Are there many college/NFL coaches who were former players at Bama, Georgia, Texas, Michigan (I know they have JH), others? 

Would love to see an in-depth 11 Warriors article  about the OSU alumni coaching line by Dan Hope, Johnny Ginter, Ramzy Nasrallah, or one of the other writers. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 4 Comments