Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Air Noland, Chip Kelly, and the Best Left Handed QBs in CFB History

+9 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
February 10, 2024 at 11:01am
15 Comments

I wondered what things might mean for Air Noland when we hired Bill O'Brien...who obviously wanted to get Julian Sayin. I think Bill has only coached right-handers.

I know there was some thought at one point that we might not have jumped all in on Air because there was concern that a left-hander meant adjustment across the board on offensive play and protection design. 

Anyway, it lead me to this article. https://collegefootballnetwork.com/best-left-handed-quarterbacks-in-college-football/

Two names that jumped out were Pat White (who played under RichRod) and Tebow (Urban). RichRod and Urban are influences/collaborators in offensive system with Chip Kelly. So, Chip would know how to use a lefty in his offense. 

I don't know what the future holds for the QB competition and I want the best man to win. However, I will admit that I really like Air Noland as a recruit and how he handles himself in interviews and such. I like that he balled out against the best competition in Georgia. I felt a little bad for him that we brought in Sayin, who again, I think would have been BOB's natural preference in style. 

I hope that Chip's hiring means a clean slate for everyone. Chip has shown he really plays the best player. And if that player isn't performing, he replaces them.  And that's the kind of competition we need at OSU.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments