Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Mickey Marotti Interview

+7 HS
Byaaaahhh's picture
February 2, 2024 at 5:35pm
15 Comments

I'll be honest, I have no idea who Keri Croft is, but I saw this video while scrolling YouTube. He talks a lot about the events along his life leading to his career in S&C, Ohio State, etc. Still watching it, but so far, it's a nice peak into the life of someone we may just know as that S&C guy that came in with Urban and likes to tell people that it is time. 

I'll post timestamps to topics of interest down here later.

07:42 - How his childhood defined and shaped his future. His father abandoning the family when Marotti was young meant his sports coaches became like father figures. In turn, Marotti became a coach to be that figure for other kids. 

11:19 - On going into S&C and his career journey.

13:20 - His duties and schedule as S&C coach at OSU, the excellence at OSU, the passion of Buckeye Nation. 

17:30 - Life as an OSU coach amidst Buckeye fans, helping players acclimate to the fanbase, and taking the right approach to coaching each player as an individual. He doesn't play favorites according to ranking and coaching goes beyond physical development into mental and emotional maturity.

"Developed here" apparently is not about turning a high school athlete into an NFL player, it's turning a young person into an educated and mature adult.

22:30 - Getting the trust and buy-in of players so they can push through hard things and be the best they can be.  

25:10 - On The Rivalry and the way it is in Ohio, the atmosphere on the way home from TSUN and dealing with the fallout.

33:30 - Transfer portal discussion, bonding the incoming players with the team and culture

40:32 and onwards is discussion about his married life and drumming.

Croft is apparently an OSU grad and has also interviewed former WR coach Zach Smith, current wrestling coach Tom Ryan, and alleged practice footage spy Kirk Barton. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments