Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Does OSU Have a S&C Problem? EDIT: Anthony Schlegel is BACK!!!

+12 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
January 24, 2024 at 10:31am
139 Comments

As we know, correlation does not equal causation. I’m not sure what I believe about our S & C right now. MM is still very highly regarded by that world.

For some, OSU’s injuries esp. for repeat players like Melton or Henderson… combined with our apparent weakness in 4th quarters… and losing 3 years in a row to TCUN (whose transformation in part was impacted by overhauling their S & C program) means Mick Marotti has lost his edge. 

For others, our injuries rate and amount are on par with CFB, and last year we were relatively healthy. 4th quarter let downs might be explained by the defense being on the field to long and Knowles not rotating players enough. And of course, losing to TCUN is at least partially explained by them cheating. 

THE Podcast guys discussed this in part and dropped a little nugget that OSU is in talks to hire someone in that area to come back and help the program. Not a total overhaul but an addition to the staff to help replace a lot of the staffers that have gone on to lead their own teams. It’s not official yet, but they said it was someone they hoped attacked things with the energy they attack everything else. Sounds like Anthony Schlegel by the way they talked. He, of course, is a guest on their shows a lot. I guess we will see soon.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 139 Comments