Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Maybe It Was Kevin Wilson? (The Offensive Genius)

+10 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
December 30, 2023 at 10:37am
29 Comments

This is Ryan Day’s first season without being on staff with or having Kevin Wilson as his Co-OC.  Wilson also helped coach the Oline tackles (and TEs) blocking.  He was the man in the booth.  Currently we have Mike Solene and Corey Dennis in the both.  

Last night has me really wondering if what I thought a points during the season is true… Wilson was the brains behind the operation. 

The Oline was terrible last night to levels I cannot ever remember.. yes.  

But that game plan and any adjustment was terrible, terrible.  Decisions were so bad.  

Isn’t this EXACTLY why you bring a guy like Gebbia in?  I don’t care if you planned to do more read option in the red zone. Fine, bring LK in for that.  

Throw a damn slant or hitch when Mizzous DBs are lined up 12 yards off the WR.  

Run your damn power and gap scheme plays that work…and worked in this game!!! Stop with the cute OZ zone stuff. We suck so bad at it. 

Ever hear of max protect?  Ever hear of benching an underperforming player like EV? 

There were ZERO adjustments.  DB went out and Day quit like a deer in headlights.  “Well we had a game plan for Devin with some read option and when he went down that’s all we had.

Yes, it was unfair to LK.  We didn’t even try to help him.

Days excuse was that the Oline sucked and they couldn’t block fo the run game or pass game.  Are you kidding me? Call some different protections. Roll LK out and tel him to make a read and then run if it’s not open.  

I am tired of the stubbornness of “this is the game plan we think is gonna win” and no creativity outside of it.  

Day may need to embrace what he really wants to be…. A good man who cares about his players and motivates them.  Step away from the X’s and O’s.  Hire coaches who can do that and stop meddling.  

Urban did this. He wasn’t an offensive guru. He had a vision to get the ball to athletes. Then he found coaches who could implement that vision.  And when he didn’t have that (2015 and 2016)… the offense sucked. 

I do believe Day is a very good QB coach.  Now I’m not sure he’s an OC.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments