Ohio State football fan talk.

OSU vs. Maryland

+7 HS
Large Father's picture
October 6, 2023 at 10:57pm
11 Comments

Tressels, Fickells, Urbans, Days, Johnsons and Days,

I think Ryan Day was speaking to me. 

It was a bit strange to see that much emotion from our head football coach...and he didn't mince words.  I guess I'm still conditioned to a Jim Tressel post game interview where nothing is really conveyed and the same corny principles are espoused again and again. 

It's tough to not be a native son of Ohio State football.  When trusted to be the head minister of Ohio State football religion, you are guilty until proven innocent. It's the similar to what Coach Cooper experienced, I'm sure.  He's not from here, he can't truly understand.

I wanted to see Coach Day's passion for Ohio State football. I think I wanted to hear him say: enough. Coach Day clearly demonstrated that he cares about his players, and that is more than enough.

You lose sight that these are all real people; coaches with a family, who pour themselves fully into the program...and can only take so much criticism.  Players giving their all.  Even hearing CJ Stroud relay in interviews this week that he received death threats while QB1 at OSU made me ashamed of some of the people that I wish wouldn't associate themselves with Ohio State football.  These are young men still figuring it all out, in ways like any other young adult...but under the most intense microscope possible in college athletics.  

I'm fully convinced Coach Day cares about the program, but more importantly he cares about his players. There is no greater example than the care demonstrated with Harry Miller, who may become my permanent "for Heisman" pick from here on out.  The combination of Coach Day's focus on the mental health of his players combined with Harry Miller's extreme courage make them both heroes in my book.  

If you would like to learn more or contribute directly follow this link: 
https://www.onoursleeves.org/take-action/champions/day-family-fund

I'm fully in.  I know the Ohio State players and coaches are pouring everything they have into it.  I'm rooting even more fully than before...and I didn't think that was possible.

Touchdowns:  Marvin Harrison Jr., Emeka Egbuka, TreVeyon, Chip Traynum, Denzel Burke

OSU 38 Maryland 14

Go Bucks!  Beat Maryland!  Harry Miller for Heisman!

Large Father

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments