Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Care/Don't Care: Three Things After Youngstown State

+13 HS
milhouse4588's picture
September 9, 2023 at 10:29pm
67 Comments

Care: The Battle for QB1 is Settled

If they don't make McCord the outright QB1 after this week it's a huge coaching error. Devin Brown has time to grow and it should not be while playing the odd series here or there. Let him learn because McCord needs the reps and is a better passer right now.

Don't Care: The Final Score/Not Covering

So what if we didn't score 60 points against a team like YSU? In our current state it doesn't mean much. Our guys are still learning and we are swapping our QB in and out. The points will come. Right now we are clearly in experimentation mode. I don't think we should read more into it than that.

Care: Short Yardage Rushing Issues

I am very optimistic as a fan but this is a serious issue at the moment. We cannot run for necessary yards when it comes down to it. This must get fixed. End stop.

Don't Care: Who runs the ball

I really don't care who gets the hand off at this point. These boards are extremely divided and it really doesn't matter. They are all stellar and they all have slight weaknesses. The issue is not them, it's the blocking.

Care: No Return Game

Get Egbuka out of the PR role and put someone else back there. He hasn't been good this season and I doubt the next best guy is that much greater of a risk. We need him on offense. As for KR, not sure why we can't return well at all but it's frustrating.

Don't Care: Any Storylines Coming Out Of This Performance

This game meant very little beyond showing who our QB should be. The performances, both good and bad, don't mean much because we played a team we'd beat without a QB at all.

There will obviously be a ton of discussion on who should be doing what, or who fucked up, all week but none of it is based on reliable evidence. The team played just okay today and still dominated for the most part. We don't know much that we didn't already know.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments