Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top 5 Players From Today's Win

+9 HS
nafimafi's picture
September 2, 2023 at 7:13pm
46 Comments

so, I did this after every win last season, where I recapped who I personally thought were the best OSU performers. just initial reactions right after the game finished, not looking at highlights or any sort of replay. whomever jumped off the screen for me.

September 2nd (Indiana)

1. Chip Trayanum: I thought he really stressed out Indiana's defense, make some good decisions, and ran hard. He really helped to create consistent yardage in the middle, which was lacking earlier in the game. I also really liked how he would bounce it outside when the defense was allowing it.

2. Denzel Burke: Very small sample size, but he looked extremely stick whenever he was on the field. Had a couple break ups, didnt allow open space, and was quick to react. I thought this is a great sign for his play this year.

3. Cade Stover: Had a couple missed blocking assignments, but also had some big blocks to spring the RBs. Was the most consistent and productive pass catcher today. Had the biggest passing play of the game in the 49 yard catch and run.

4. Julian Fleming: I dont understand why yall are so vicious on this dude, just based off of the first long throw disconnect? Anyways, he was making some really good medium distance catches, and helped Mccord open it up later in the game. He looked consistent to me.

5. Josh Proctor: Another guy yall love to shit on, but I thought he played very well other than getting out ran to the boundary early in the game. He made a couple really big plays: pass break up and huge tackle in the back field. Inconsistent perhaps, but he made some impactful plays.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 46 Comments