Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Been Randomly Watching Games from the 2012 Season and It Got Me Thinking...

+13 HS
JTbuckeye2436's picture
July 20, 2023 at 1:12am
39 Comments

That team had no business going undefeated. Man are those highlights hard to watch. The offense had no flow most of the time and the defense could not tackle. It was so frustrating to watch them miss tackle after tackle. I remember Urban called the team a "clown show" and at the time younger me thought that was harsh stuff to say about your own team especially coming from the Tress years but man was it accurate. I completely forgot how the program was left after Tatt Gate and what Urban inherited.

The 2013 team definitely made a big jump but it took until after the VA Tech loss for things to really get going. Urban brought an edge to the team that wasn't there with those 2012 and before teams but by 2016 the edge was coming off. How Urban was able to get the team to winning it all in 2014 was an amazing coaching/recruiting job especially after how 2013 ended and 2014 began.

I honestly think the downturn started game 1 of 2015 when he picked Cardale to start and then he took to long to make the switch to JT when it was obvious that it wasn't working. He had personally lost his edge too by the end. He refused to make the tough choices with the roster and the coaching staff. That is one of the things I appreciate about Day. He is not scared to make a coaching change.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 39 Comments