Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Post Game Thoughts on the Georgia Game…pre-game

0 HS
domeeye's picture
December 29, 2022 at 10:23pm
24 Comments

I want to know everyone’s thoughts about all the potential outcomes of the game, before the game, as an attempt to get levelheadedness...Obviously the last 4 weeks or so have been rough for OSU football and a lot of posts have been emotional/reactionary, I’m guilty too. Hard not to do in the moment with the passion of our fan base. I figured having some discussion before an event would give us some levelheadedness.

1. We win, either a blow out or a close game: Of course we’d all be excited. For the ppl who don’t think Day is the guy - would this one game change everything for you or would you still hold the 2 losses to TTUN and the stale play calling against him? Would you view it as an anomaly or who we actually are? I think it would speak volumes about his leadership and ability to rally the troops. Also about this teams resilience - it’s very hard to counter downwards momentum/negativity.

2. We lose a close game: Would this further solidify Day as not the guy for some of you or would you be happy we were able to compete? With this continue our negative momentum or would it be a positive we kept it close? Personally I think Georgia (when focused) is a juggernaut this year. Would obviously be disappointed, but keeping it close and competing wouldn’t be the end of the world to me.

3. We lose a blow out: Obviously, this would suck and be a hit. Would this be the final straw for some of you or would you wait until next year? What could we change moving forward? We all would be sad and disappointed, but in terms of momentum for next year, TTUN got blown out by them last year and look at them this year. I think ppl have short term memories nationally. I do think it would be a hit to recruiting momentum. One thing I think it would tell me, we probably would do better with a running QB and I would prob be ready to change some things up. 

Would love to get everyone’s thoughts. I thought it would be an interesting experiment to do this pregame, and possibly would be a template for going forward!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments