Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Top 10 Buckeyes In The NFL

+1 HS
nafimafi's picture
December 8, 2022 at 4:58pm
24 Comments

its no secret that OSU is an NFL factory, but lately its been even more ratcheted up and even more positional diversity dominance. Im biased but currently I think OSU and Alabama have far and away the best rosters of NFL players, with LSU in a distant 3rd. 

Alabama has 65 nfl players, while osu and lsu have 56 each. they make up the top 3.

with all the high end talent, this is my subjective look at the best players that the buckeyes have produced that are currently killing it in the nfl:

1. Nick Bosa: I mean.. he will be defensive player of the year. His combination of technique and athleticism is ridiculous

2. Terry Mclaurin: I think he has been extremely underrated but it seems he is finally getting respect he deserves. Despite him playing with average QBs, he is putting up video game numbers

3. Corey Linsley: One of the top centers in football when he is healthy, simple as that.

4. Joey Bosa: He has been injured, but he is a top 5 pass rusher in this league. He is stronger than Nick, arguably has better hands than Nick, and is elite in every facet of the game. 

5. Cameron Heyward: He is the old man in terms of Buckeye NFL players but he is still one of the best defensive linemen of the game. Strong as fuck, smart, and a great leader.

6. Justin Fields: Im a Bears fan so i was worried with his start to the season, but DAMN he turned it on and is so exciting to watch every single game. He is showing more than just flashes, he is obviously the best player on the team and with more talent around him he will really flourish

7. Garrett Wilson: I think he has been the best rookie WR and he is already proving to be an elite WR1 in this league. He has all the tools to be a 1k guy this year, and for 10 years.

8. Chris Olave: I went back and forth on who is better, Garrett or Chris, but damn they are both on pace for 1k and are both excellent 1st round picks who will be true WR1s for years down the road. Happy for them both. He is a pure route technician and lowkey has been dusting dbs

9. Denzel Ward: He has had issues staying healthy sometimes, but he is a top 5 corner. Extremely athletic, great coverage skills, and can hit when needed. we all know that. 

10. Jerome Baker: I think people dont realize how good of a LB Baker has turned into down in Miami. He is a leader on that team, a solid tackler, and great in coverage. Nice to see his progression.

HM: Marshon Lattimore is still an elite CB and could very easily be on this list. Malik Hooker is playing excellent for the Cowboys this year. Sam Hubbard is rock solid on the edge, and Von Bell is one of the better safeties in the league imo. Jeff Okudah has really changed the trajectory of his career bc he has been excellent this year. Pete Werner has also been a great pick as he is a tackling machine. Dre Mont Jones and Baron Browning are staples on the denver defense. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 24 Comments