Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What Would You Like to See from OSU?

+7 HS
OnPoint's picture
December 3, 2022 at 12:17pm
88 Comments

Let’s be honest, this team and the fanbase have been miserable this year. The expectations were so high that nothing was good enough in the first eleven games. After every game, the sentiment was “we won but we may not be good enough to beat Michigan.” When we finally faced Michigan as an undefeated team, we played scared and tight, with obvious signs of PTSD. During the Michigan week, Day said that he was not getting much sleep. No kidding!!! In the Michigan game, he coached like a person who has not slept properly since November of 2021. There is a reason why winning in the OSU-UM rivalry comes in waves. Losing this game eats your soul, and with every loss, the loser further falls deeper into the abyss of hopelessness and self-double.

In the CFP, I would like to see a team that is not carrying the weight of sky-high expectations and revenge around its neck. We have flaws (like any other team) and I don’t expect them to get fixed before the CFP, but I hope OSU plays loose and have a lot of fun. For once, I want Day to stop force-feeding the message of “toughness” to the team and let them have fun. They have earned this opportunity, and let’s not make it an exercise in misery. 

How would you like to see OSU approach CFP? 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 88 Comments