Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Realistic OC Options

+3 HS
TheCurtain_Guy's picture
November 30, 2022 at 10:28am
126 Comments

Much like all of you, I have spent the last couple of days coming down from the disappointment that we experienced on Saturday afternoon. Feverishly reading through message boards and posts, looking for answers and potential fixes. Among the most commonly reiterated fixes is Ryan Day giving up his play calling responsibilities during games. 

It's certainly one that I believe would provide a huge improvement to how clunky and out of sync our offense has looked at times. I am still in the camp that Ryan Day's concepts and philosophies are still advanced and have the ability to create efficient, high powered offenses. But I think with him being on the field, having all of the other in-game responsibilities (which have suffered as well, i.e. not calling timeouts, incorrect formations, etc.), and not being able to adjust with the flow of the game have resulted in what we saw the second half of the season. 

So my question to you is this, if Day takes a long look at himself and realizes that he needs to relinquish play calling to someone else, who do you want taking the reigns? Do you want Kevin Wilson or Brian Hartline taking that on? Or is there someone outside of the organization that you believe would be a good fit? 

As always, appreciate any and all input and opinions! 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 126 Comments