Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Team's Best Players: At The Half Point Of The Season

+10 HS
nafimafi's picture
October 11, 2022 at 12:45am
21 Comments

1. Tommy Eichenberg: I think he has been the best player on the defense, and the team overall. He has been cleaning up everything on the 2nd level of the defense. He is one of the best LBs in the country and has been a huge part of why this team is so much better on that side of the ball this year. I expect him to continue his top tier play.

2. Paris Johnson Jr: True cornerstone, elite tackle. He has been amazing this year in protecting stroud and helping solidify the O-line as a whole. When an offensive lineman  is barely called during the game THATS when you know he is good. Football is won up front, and you wont find a better OT so far this year than PJJ.

3. CJ Stroud: What more can you say about CJ that hasnt already been said? Just like the end of last year CJ has shown elite ball placement, awareness, and decision making. You know he has been playing well when the offense explodes yet he had "off games." Best QB in the country so far and *i think* will win the Heisman.

4. Marvin Harrison Jr: CJ Stroud's success goes hand in hand with the consistency of Marv. He is producing yards, TDs, and catches at a ridiculous clip, especially considering how much of a jump ball threat he is. He already has made some jaw dropping catches, and he has shown he is as technically sound as he is physically gifted. 

5. Emeka Egbuka: OSU's current receiving yards leader, he has been getting open so often and getting consistent YAC, he is just like JSN in the sense that CJ really trusts him and is his go-to guy. Just a very consistent, athletic player. Runs like a RB and has shown some really high level explosiveness this year. The 4th!! most receiving yards in the nation rn is wild.

6. Mike Hall: A really huge "jump off the screen" type player so far this year, and perhaps the surprise of the year if you arent a recruiting guy. I knew he would be good, but I didnt think he would be THIS good. He has been a monster on the inside, and once even healthier, he can really be talked about the way people talked about Jordan Davis.

7. Cade Stover: Some people might be surprised by Hall's emergence, but Stover is my personal surprise so far this season. I will go ahead and say he is the most impressive tight end play since Jeff Hueurman was at osu. He is a dog blocking and has been a very consistent and surprisingly explosive and sure handed weapon in the passing game.

8. Miyan Williams: The team's current rushing leader, and while I dont expect that to stay in the 2nd half of the season, he has absolutely been the best back on the team so far this year. He has really shown explosiveness and agility along with the power we all knew he had. He has proven that he is not a secondary back. He is as good as anyone in the country.

9. Steele Chambers: Similar to Tommy, Steele has really helped set the tone on defense. He has shown so much improvement, from a guy playing LB to a true LB. Has really been reading plays well lately, and his stop and start pursuit is unlike we've seen in years at OSU. I expect him to become better every single game.

10. Jaylahn Tuimoloau: On the surface people think he isnt playing well, maybe due to lack of sacks. But if you watch the defense, JT has ALWAYS been in the backfield so far this year. I bet he finishes them off multiple times in the 2nd half. This dude is making OTs look silly. He was held almost every play against MSU. 

a lot of good play and players in the 1st half. obviously cant fit them all in a top 10 list. Guys like Donovan Jackson, Luke Wypler, Dawand Jones, Matt Jones, Ronnie Hickman, Lathan Ransom, Julian Fleming, Treveyon Henderson, Tanner Mcallister all could be on this list tbh.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments