Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Week's Question: Who Was Your Favorite One-Two Punch of Running Backs in Ohio State History?

George Eisner's picture
September 26, 2022 at 8:00am
63 Comments

Happy Monday, Eleven Warriors!

Now a third of the way through the schedule, Miyan Williams shockingly only trails TreVeyon Henderson by 10 yards in total rushing production. Including Chop's receiving contributions, he actually leads all Ohio State running backs in yards from scrimmage, while the tandem has also combined for six rushing touchdowns with an even split of three each.

The dynamic duo Henderson and Williams are turning out to be so far this season inspired This Week's Question™: Which Pair of Ohio State Running Backs Is Your Favorite Ever?

Some great combos come to mind throughout both recent and distant program history, so there will be no shortage of options to choose from. Most recently, J.K. Dobbins and Master Teague both managed to earn All-Big Ten honors in the same season just three years ago. I have fond memories of watching the 2006 team featuring an all-around sensational pair of halfbacks in Antonio Pittman and Beanie Wells. Many old-heads will likely point to the powerful dyad that was Archie Griffin and Pete Johnson in the mid-'70s, though I imagine some semanticists will seek to disqualify this choice on the basis of Johnson technically serving as a fullback.

My choice would be Pittman and Wells, but I'm sure Buckeye fans of all generations can come up with some additional answers. So what about you? Who served as your favorite one-two punch of running backs in Ohio State history?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 63 Comments